Each year, Valladolid fills with colors to celebrate the county fair, held in honor of the Virgin of Candelaria, the patron saint of Valladolid Yucatán. The main event is on February 2nd, but there’s a full program of activities that you should check out. This fair is one of the most important in the state!
The fair begins on January 25th and ends on February 10th, though activities begin days before with the treat on January 20, which starts at the ground floor of the county building.
This event has a program of activities for all ages.
During the days of celebration, the City of Valladolid is the host of a large number of local visitors from nearby towns such as Tizimin, Mérida, Cancun, Piste, Espita, Temozon, and other surrounding villages.
There’s a lot to do and see at the fair Valladolid Yucatan. Here’s a list of things you must check out.
- Visit the Livestock Exhibition where you can see the products of local livestock: cattle, pigs, horses, etc.
- Enjoy the rides, experience the adrenaline.
- Visit the People’s Theater where there is always some cultural and/or artistic event.
- Buy local arts and crafts, at the fair you can get everything from clothes to handmade sweets.
- Also, enjoy the local craftsmanship as many local companies exhibit their products.
- Around the People’s Theater is the Gastronomic Area, where you can get amazing Yucatecan and regional appetizers at low prices. Bring cash!
- Sports events with bullfights, box, etc.
- In the same way, the Fiesta Area is next to the theater, where local people put up stands where they offer drinks, music, and fun.
- Go to the Concerts. There’s a daily music event. Check the program and get your tickets in advance.
Valladolid is a place full of magic and joy, the fair is an excellent time to visit and be part of this party. Escape the routine and join us at this special party!